Module One Begins!

So here we are at the very start of the MAPP journey. There is a lot to think about, take in and start to process but I'm looking forward to the challenge. It's been a fair few years since I undertook any kind of "education" for myself, but after ten years of teaching, choreographing etc I do really feel I'm ready to take some time to come back to my practice and find what's important.

Where better to start then with a reflection on this. I'm starting to think about areas of my professional life that I have not taken the time, or had chance, to reflect upon. I'm really looking forward to investigating these moments and seeing how they have led me to where I am today. It's not very often I get to do this and as I read through the handbook and course material I'm very quickly recognising that this is something I should take the time to do.

I'm really interested in looking further into the ideas surrounding knowledge and how I learn. I am hoping that through this journey I find new ways of working, not only gathering knowledge, but in how I impart it to those who I teach.

I believe I will begin by looking at one area of my career to date and then reflecting upon how I got there and developed the knowledge I now have and where that led me next. I hope in doing this I begin to see perhaps patterns that emerge or maybe not, who knows. For now it is all a bit of a mystery that as I work will become clearer, I hope.

Good luck to everyone who is embarking on the same journey. I look forward to reading about how you will be taking on the challenge and the rest of our journeys over this particular module. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection and Learning

How do you see Technique?

A lovely message.